1.26.2015

{ Loving Living in the Moment } #68

January 26, 2015

HEY! Happy day! How is everyone? Thanks for all the emails and the support! One month to go and we're working hard and having fun! Love this area…love my companion… love it all!

Rosa came to church again this Sunday!! She loves church and she's been progressing so well. We have been finding some great families and I really love being able to help these wonderful people through the blessings of the gospel. 

I had exchanges with Hermana Toala this week. She's in Burzaco and is finishing up training Hermana Cannon from Gilbert. We had a great time together here in Alejandro Korn and I learned a lot from her. She is always wanting to talk to everyone and bring joy into everyone’s life. We both talked about a great goal for the mission... get comfortable with being uncomfortable! When we are out of our comfort zone, doing things that we might not think that we could ever do, that's when the Lord uses our talents to be instruments in the work.

We had a Family Home Evening in the Church on Wednesday and it went so well! We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, The gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end. But, we taught it through 4 different object lessons that we often use in our lessons with investigators. We were so happy to see that Luis and Enrique, his son, were there! Their family is progressing so well also! We are praying that they will be able to get to church next week because they are truly wanting changes in their lives and they have the desire to follow Christ. 

We had interviews with President and it was so strange. We always have our interviews in Spanish but he all of the sudden started speaking to me in English and things just got real. He said, “Hermana Barrett... you're leaving us soon... but, keep up the great work!”  It's always great getting to talk to him and having his help to keep improving. I want to improve my teaching skills in this next month and look for every opportunity to teach and find the people that are prepared. 

I love the Scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 64: 33-34

33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
 34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.

No podemos convertir a nadie si nosotros mismos no estamos convertidos. Preach my Gospel has got it right. I have been blessed to be immersed in this work and although I know I haven't become near perfect, and I don't know everything, I know that my Heavenly Father has made me a little bit more of the person that he wants me to be. I have learned to be willing to change to be better. It makes life so much easier and happier! It all comes from the small and simple things.


I love the story of the sower and his seeds and was able to learn a little bit more about it this week. The seed is the word of God but as we live in a worldy world, we are constantly thrashed with temptation, sin, bad thoughts... all kinds of bad. We need to have a good ground... the ground in the gospel to be able to bear fruit. I know without a doubt that daily scripture reading, daily prayers and temple attendance helps 100%. 

5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
 6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
 8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
I just finished reading 3 Nephi and wow, I had never paid so much attention to the last chapters. The Nephites really did see Christ. He blessed them, wept for them and prayed for them constantly. I know that he still pleads for us every day to accept his atonement, to feel free, to be happy and to live the plan of our Heavenly Father. 
Words can't even describe the miracles that we see daily. Some are big, some are small but they are all sent from my Heavenly Father. The tender mercies are countless and it's what helps me realize that we really do have a Heavenly Father that loves us. He's given us a perfect gospel to live :) Every single step is worth it. He is with us the whole way. 

Sometimes I stop and think... am I really here right now? It's such a dream. It's such a great opportunity and it really is real life! I can't say it's the easiest thing EVER but it's the best thing I could have ever chosen to do! It's all worth it to see these people grow in their love for their Heavenly Father.
Tomorrow is Temple Day! I challenge you all to do all that you can to go and feel the wonderful spirit with me if not tomorrow, this week! I can't wait! I hope to feel that you're all there!
Gilbert Temple

                               Buenos Aires Temple
  

XOXOXOXOX Hermana Barrett XOXOXOXOXOX

Llegar a Ser

Posing after our interviews with President
Out in the Campo with Rosa... Her backyard
Burazco Girls on Exchanges
We love our new Bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment