1.21.2015

{ GREATNESS } #67

January 19, 2015

Other than seeing a legit otter walk out of it's owners house, getting the best looking bikes EVER (Can I bring it home with me?) Having investigators in church that fully participated, having members go with us to visit investigators to teach and make new friends.... Oh and teaching like crazy...it was a totally normal week...not really, IT WAS AMAZING! Simply MARVELOUS. 

So, I love my companion. Period. I could not have asked for a better companion to end it all with a big bang! She likes to work, she's talkative, she speaks English, she's a lot like me and.... she likes to run… a lot! We get up at 6 in the morning to go running for 45 minutes... then we are outside all day walking or biking… We are never out of energy! I challenge all of you to test it for a few weeks. Work out in the morning and you will feel so much more energy physically and spiritually! We talk about everything and the best of all is that we both love to work hard! We were able to find new investigators and help all of our current investigators this week. It was a great week together! I am so glad to be in Alejandro Korn still and it makes it even better to be with someone super happy like Hermana Calderón! She's perfect and sometimes it makes me mad… haha but I am learning lots from her and we have lots of fun. I feel like I've known her for all of my life.

The Lord has been putting great people in our path and really helping our investigators progress. I am so amazed. Rosa, Eladio (Her boyfriend) Mauro (Her grandson) and Valentina (their daughter) All went to church this week! It was so funny because they arrived a little late... Sooo… during the Sacrament I was sitting up front because I'm playing the piano (trying to pluck out the notes) and I see a family walk past the side door. It was them… and they were so lost. So I get up... and try to help them but before I get to the door a random door with curtains opened and they came in during the middle of the sacrament and said out loud "Sorry! This is our first time here!" haha I was like well... they're here! So they sat down and they followed along looking through their Book of Mormon for scriptures and singing along with the hymns they are amazing. Along with the Villalba Family. Lourdes our investigator that turned 18 yesterday came with us! She participated in Gospel Principles as the Elders taught about our Celestial Family... she talked about how thanks to Adam and Eve, we are here and we have the ablility to choose and we will be able to continue on to the Spirit World and one day return to live with our Heavenly Father. Everyone went silent and just gave her a thumbs up because she's just a rock star!! We give pamphlets to all of the investigators for each lesson that we give and at the end there are additional study questions.... in all of my mission she is the only one that stays up at night to finish and think about every question... seriously. AMAZING:

It makes me so happy because I know that these people are learning the truth. They are learning it through their scripture reading, their daily prayers, and their church attendance and through the spirit. We are just guides, we don't do too much, but I love these people so much. :)

So today I was reading in 3 Nephi 19, Doctrine and Covenants 93, and John 1 and they all have a lot in common. I want you to all read them and I want to see what you think! But, I just loved how much it talked about the Sprit. Light. Fulness. Joy. Truth. It all comes from the same source. In 3 Nephi we see that everyone is preparing for the next day when Christ will come. They prepare working diligently, just as we should all throughout the week. Christ’s prayer is that the Nephites could have the Spirit and in verse 9 all that they desired was the Holy Ghost. Really, we do everything that we do because we love our Heavenly Father. All that we do should invite the spirit and if we mess up, we can trust in the Atonement. I love this Gospel so much and I know that it is true. We can have the spirit if we are obedient. We can know truth if we have the spirit, because when we are obedient, we receive light which is the spirit and we will be glorified grace by grace until we know all things (Vs 28)

The Restoration of the gospel has given us the light forever! It is our personal responsibility to work for it in our personal lives. 
We're all Missionaries!


"It is not even enough for us to be convinced of the gospel; we must act and think so that we are converted by it. In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something. …"

Through this gospel we can become something.


Love you all so much! Have a great week and..... see you soon! Keep up all the great work! Happy for another great week in the work of the Lord!

XOXO Hermana Barrett


Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment