12.29.2014

{ Obedience is the Key to Everything! } #64

December 29, 2014

HI All!! 

Wow! What a busy week! Ward Christmas Party, a whole week in a trio with Hermana Bonilla, CHRISTMAS and SKYPE, with the best family in the world! It was a great week! You all look wonderful and I was so excited to see you :) Grandma Barrett sent me the blueberry buckle recipe! Thank you!! I only saw the cake sitting in front of the computer about...the whole time we were talking! haha LOVE YOU ALL!

Remember Rosa? Well, we had a lesson with her yesterday! My companion was a champ, because we ate some weird fish so she started feeling super sick.... but we got on the bus anyway and headed to Rosa because we had a lot of faith!! Rosa attended us and we were able to teach her about the restoration and we were able to answer a lot of her questions and really know what to say by the spirit. It was a great lesson! Yay for new investigators! 

So in a few days 2015 starts! CRAZY! But... it's a great opportunity to set new goals, and make plans for great things to come! I really liked a couple of talks that we've been reading in the Liahonas. One of the greatest goals that we can start is to be a little bit more like Christ. Ponder the Path of Your Feet By President Monson. I loved it! We talk every day about the need for exact obedience, better obedience, obedience from the heart. If we all have a general goal to be more like Christ, then, we can go into the little things… the How's. How do we even start to be a little more like Christ? For example, during this year I want to study my scriptures every day, I want to set apart a specific time to do it and also to study for school! I want to be able to find opportunities to serve, I want to love with more charity, I want to be able to do many things but all will be focused on becoming a better disciple of Christ! What are your goals?

This week we got new muebles! (furniture) I feel like we live in a hotel now! It's so nice! We are blessed, Merry Christmas, and on Thursday, Santa is bringing bikes! 

We got to spend some time in San Vicente with Hermana Bonilla too and it was a good experience. Everywhere there are people in need of the Gospel. They all need to know that God is our Loving Heavenly Father. It's never too late to accept Christ into our lives. It's never to late to share the light of Christ! 

Pascales are sliding along. We finally got to see them yesterday and they are just not doing too well, but with a little bit more encouragement and the help of the members, I know that they will continue. Today we are going to set goals with them and help them realize even more about the greatness of their goal to enter the temple! The Gospel is great, and simple and it brings the most happiness. 

Some scriptures that I found this morning about obedience:

1 Nephi 22:31
31 Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen.

2 Nephi 33:15
15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.

Obedience is the KEY to everything! It's the key to our eternal happiness. Like in the story of the Brother of Jared... there will always be waves that will try to toss us around and winds that want to take us in different directions… but… The Lord has a destination in mind for us and we will get there through obedience and enduring through anything that tries to sway us from the path. 

I have gained a strong testimony of staying firm to the faith. Being obedient doesn't mean being perfect; we must understand the atonement to be able to learn every day. We can be happy!

I love this gospel. I love my Savior. I love who I am, a daughter of God. I love life. I try to enjoy the journey every step of the way. I love the Plan that God has made for us. I love the happiness that comes from obedience. 

Have the best week and enjoy the New Years Celebrations! Talk to you next year! :)

Hermana Barrett XOXO <3

Asado Photo Bomb
Smells good out here!
Our Christmas Trio
Feliz Navidad!
Mud Walking, it's a daily struggle
Skype Hugs from the family!
Watching fireworks on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment