12.18.2014

{ It's about Love } #61

December 8, 2014 

It’s a work of Love...Not of statistics. 

We're learning to live the spirit of the law and leaving behind the letter of the law. Almost all of my mission we have just been letting the offices know about how many confirmations we had, the attendance numbers in sacrament meeting and the less actives with assignments. 
The way we plan is by using every step in Preach My Gospel because to get the end results, we need to do it all the Lords way. But, not worrying about numbers.... it helps us worry and pray and think and do everything for the people! It's all for them! We set goals each day for what we want an investigator to understand better, or to help them realize their personal goals and to help them know for themselves through the spirit. It's the Work of Salvation. I have come to love what I do, I can't do it perfectly but I know that the little that I do, will help change something or someone for the better. It's all about the love. Not just the people that love you back but for even your enemies like Christ taught in the New Testament. It's hard... like really hard... but, it's the key for doing everything we do, for the right reason. John 5:3-7 says to Look outside of ourselves to help those with bigger problems! Love it!

This weekend we had the Longchamps Stake Conference and we were able to listen to Elder Cabrera from the 70. He's from Uruguay and I learned so much from his words. We were also able to listen to President Thurgood and we heard a lot about the members working with the missionaries, doing our family history work and working towards an eternal family constantly. Even though it was pouring rain...again, the Pascale Family showed up! We are so happy with their progress and they now have a goal to enter in the temple to be sealed as a family in May. Pray for Melina, their other daughter so she can get baptized! Miracles are happening :)

I was able to sing with the stake choir and it just strengthened my testimony more of the power of hymns. :)
  
We had a leadership council this week and we got to talking about the Plan of Salvation... There is a life long research to do to understand it all! But it is the "Porque" of everything that we do in this gospel. 

Doctrine and Covenants 72:3-4, I hope this can benefit someone today, I know this letter is a little scattered but… someone can be a relief society president or a sunbeam teacher but every calling is of great worth. President shared with us a quote that he heard from a talk, he couldn't remember by who haha but, that…we are going to have an interview with the Lord one day and what really is going to matter is:
1. How we treated our spouse 
2. How we treated our kids
3. How we treated others
4. How we magnified our callings…doesn't matter which calling, but that we put our all into the work of the Lord.

I am so happy that the Lord has trusted me with this calling for now! I have come to know that every calling is a calling from our Heavenly Father, we just need to magnify it! To help magnify it, we can pray, talk with our Heavenly Father, repent daily to be better and in this way we can know the VISION of the Lord. What he wants us to do and why we do it. I am really starting to understand the why of this wonderful service. More important than just doing the things is the want to do it! It comes through fervent prayer. 

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.

                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.

          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                         you have not been there for me?"

                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson

I have gained a strong testimony that Christ is my savior. Without him, I would not be able to be exactly who I am. Through him I can be with my family again and I can enjoy eternal life. He helps me be better, he helps me understand why I do everything. Christ is a gift in my life. It's something that everyone can have. Everyone can feel the pure love of Christ.  We can be perfected through him. He is the light of the world.
Great scriptures about Christ and light!
D&C 10:58
D&C 11:11
D&C 34:2
D&C 39:2
D&C 45:7
D&C 50:27
D&C 93:9

...And we are ALL called to help allow his light to SHINE.
Romans 8:28


He Is The Gift

Discover it
Accept it
Share it

Love you all so much! Have a great week! Let your light SHINE!

Con Amor,

Hermana Barrett XOXO

http://www.mormon.org/christmas

Bible Study in Videos!

Note from Kendall's mom: I have noticed that Kendall is more often writing in a Spanish type format even though she is writing in English. I do not edit her sentence structure because I love discovering those gems each week...how the sentences, though completely understandable, sound a little backwards, as in you want to reverse where the words are placed. For example..."President shared with us a quote..." I love it!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment