5.28.2014

{ Be Grateful! Be Happy! Serve Everyone! } #33


*Note from Mom: Because she has to type so fast and has a limited time to write, Kendall has asked me to edit her posts before posting them to her blog each week. Today however, I thought I would leave the letter "as is" due to her funny quip near the end of the letter. :)

Hey hey hey!! It's me again! and the weeks are still going super well! We seem to always fit into the mary poppins bag style busses, the rain won't bring us down, argentina's got some bomb empanadas, the members are super missionaries and went to lessons every day with us, the cathedral looks super cool at 6:30 in the morning on our morning runs of and the cherry on top to a great week AND we taught a satanist. 

I love being a missionary! Fist because I learn every day, second because seeing people happy with the gospel is worth everything, third, the work is FUN. I love studying the scriptures, love teaching what I know to be true and I love trying to be a little better everyday. The Christlike attributes... I'm so glad everyone is doing their homework! As I've been reading the New Testament I've realized even more that Christ had so many imperfect people to work with... yet his patience, charity, love, diligence, faith, hope, humility, virtue and obedience shined in every single way to be our example. Keep up the studies, I'm right there with you! 

Speaking of studies, Chapter 2 of Preach my Gospel talks all about it! In the begining of my mission, studying didn't come too easy (explains why school wasn't always easy too) but in time, O've come to recognize it's importance! My favorite way is to live what I learn. as I study I picture all te things happening in every chapter of the scriptures. You gotta liken it unto yourself or else reading will never be fun! Praying for understanding and to be lead by the spirit helps. visualize, visualize, visualize. Imagine if your family was the family of Lehi! Have a study journal, share what you lean with me, studying can and schould be fun.. with the scriptures and for school. As I pray for guidance, my studies of the book of mormon, the Bible and Jesus the Christ all tie together.

JT and Price? how ya doin?! have you died?

So we visited a wonderful girl named Florencia this week. She is amazing. A Member innacticve but hasnt been visited in 2 years. We were sent to her by the bishops wife and we've been visiting her and teaching her boyfriend the lessons. They both came to church this Sunday and it was such a great ewxperience to see all of the members happy to see them and best of all to see the prayers of Florencia answered. Our work isn't possible without these members!

Marcelo is our investigator next down the line preparing for baptism but he hasn't been to church. I have never seen someone so excited to learn and so willing to change for the better. He has been having problems with his foot so can't attent but when we told him that he couldn't drink coffee (Super hard because he's a lawyer) he said of I can't? becuase it was a revalation? okay today is my day to change then. He's great so keep him in your prayers!

We see miracles every day! We walk a ton, we teach a ton, we smile a ton, we get frustrated a ton, we sometimes are super tried with our patience but we're learning so much!! I love the mission.

As always, I love you all so much and I hope that all is well at home! Keep me in touch with everone and I hope that you all have the best week!

pray for guidance to understand all of my typos :) *haha

Luke 21:1-4

1: And he looked up and saw the rich men casting their gifts (what they had extra) into the treasury.
2: and he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
3: And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
4: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

Be Grateful. Be Happy. Serve EVERYONE!

Love always,

Hermana Barrett <3

Romans 8:28

" Obedience brings blessings" - Thomas S. Monson
Happy eight months Hermana Landauro!
 Hermana Villena is in my zone! She was with me in Canuelas.
City view from the front of the cathedral

Cathedral modeling

Inside view
Our old fashioned elevator

Cool Bus station
Gorgeous leaves!
It's Autumn Time!









No comments:

Post a Comment