3.27.2014

{ Long Live Cañuelas! } #24



Y pan con queso. (as the Chileans say it) HOLA A TODOS! I’m alive! In Cañuelas still with… my new companion Hermana Vargas from Nicaragua! It was so so hard to have  Hna Villena leave, but I know she will do great in her new area! I feel so blessed to get to know all of these new cultures and new people, but I have felt a little nervous and crazy trying to guide myself aound Cañuelas by myself these first two days! I was so nervous yesterday as we headed out to visit our investigators that right before I had to break down and pray for divine help because I know that I can’t do this by myself. But with the guidance of the spirit I feel calm, I can take each half hour at a time and I can rely on my companion to lift me up whenever I hit my weaknesses.  Today I was trying to find a contact that we made the other day, and I couldn’t find it to save my life. My companion (angel that she is) just said “Focus and let the spirit guide.” I rode around for a few more minutes and found the house that we were looking for within minutes! :)

 I am so excited to work with my new companion. She has been out for five months and this is her second area. She’s an amazing missionary and she has inspired me to get to know the scriptures a lot more. We are working on finding lots of scriptures to share and getting to know the great blessing of daily reading in our lives to share the testimony with others!

Everything is going well in Cañuelas and I loved a few scriptures that President Thurgood shared at this weeks transfer meeting. 

D&C 50: 40-42 
"Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth

Fear not little children for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me.

And none of them that my father hath given me shall be lost."

We are all children of our Heavenly Father and I have come to realize this more and more every day in the mission. As a missionary I am guided every day as to where I am supposed to go, who I am supposed to teach and who I am supposed to meet. As a married missionary couple said, "When you are truly called of God, it doesn't matter where you are or who you’re with or what difficult times you pass through…all that matters is that you are there, fulfilling the plan of our Heavenly Father and through the knowledge of the truth that you are bringing souls to the happiness of the gospel.” 


I am so happy every day to wake up and be a part of this great work. Sometimes I forget the privilege and I just follow the routine but I am truly blessed to be here, to be a missionary and to see the changes that people make to follow the truth. 

This weekend Tobias is getting baptized! We are so happy to see the growth of this family and we are hoping that the rest of the family will follow his example. 

So I've got lots of photos but I can't send them because I don't have a Cannon cable. Sucks. but I'll live haha. 

The other day I fell into a hole I didn't see right in front of the branch presidents family... Welcome to the branch Hna Barrett. Haha

In Alma 37:6-7 it talks about small things bringing to pass great things. I have seen miracles in the mission and I know that they are just waiting to happen for everyone who reads this letter as well! Start with the little things...whatever they may be...and miracles will happen, I promise :)

Love you all more than anything!!!!! Until next week!! :)

Hermana Barrett <3



No comments:

Post a Comment