12.03.2013

{ Missing English } #8


Hello my wonderful family!

It was so great to hear that Thanksgiving went well! The Butternut Squash Pie I was experimenting with was a success! I'm learning every day to make new stuff! 

This week was super long!  Because it's summer now, everyone is working super hard and going on vacations so we felt like we were just riding our bikes forever to find NO ONE home! On the bright side, Eva's baptism is this Saturday! We want to make it super special and I could not be more happy for her! We bought little caramels for her and put inspiring messages on them for whenever she had a thought of smoking. She loved them and honestly she is progressing so well. This gospel is saving lives and creating eternal happiness. 

The other day I was just SUPER tired of Spanish. There are no Americans beside me in the area of Pinamar anymore.  We have a new Hermana from Coasta Rica and I like to listen to her super fast Spanish but after a while I'm like... alright.. CAN WE ALL JUST SPEAK ENGLISH?! I get so tired from speaking and listening so intently... It's so draining but I know, I know... it's worth it!

We spent the last two Monday's in Villa Gesell (the Area of the Elders) One for an Asado and this Monday to shop for summer clothes but I didn't end up finding or buying anything... The style here just confuses me... haha

My blow dryer blew up the other day. That was fun! 

By the way, remember that loud, end of the world sound I mentioned in my last letter??... I heard that means either a fire or Tsunami.. I guess we should figure that out. haha

I find myself learning new life lessons every day like how to be on time, how to not care about my hair and accepting that I have to wear that dang helmet. :(  How to pretend like I understand what people are saying haha (acting skills coming in handy) but mostly, how to really be a missionary. When talking to my District Leader he said to not worry about the language so much.. it will come eventually. I should just concentrate on being a great missionary!

I'm looking forward to this week. It's getting super busy with travelers but it's going to be a good week! We're painting a house tomorrow! Now THAT I can do!

Love you all so much! Have a great week!! :)

-Hna Barrett

"Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees,
The further sky, the greater length,
The more the storm, the more the strength,
By sun and cold, by rain and snow
In trees and men good timbers grow"

-Thomas S Monson  (Douglas Malloch- Good Timbers)
                                                                     Selfies exist here too! haha
Take a wild guess where we are...
#8

No comments:

Post a Comment